5. Neetu Singh (Do Dooni Chaar)- As a middle class wife of a School teacher, this lady gave us an amazing character in DO DOONI CHAAR. Her expressions were damn real and even the character written for her complemented her. Notice the scene where she has to sell off her ornaments to perform the formal function of marriage. She displays her sorrow and “I am happy” with sheer perfection. It’s a great work!
4. Kareena Kapoor (We Are Family) - Kareena Kapoor as an helpless girlfriend to a married father was a terrific attempt by her. She had many shades of act in that film and she carried it effortlessly. The way she takes care of the children or the way she convinces her boyfriend that she want to meet his children- everything is just amazing. Kareena Kapoor saved We Are Family from many clutches.
3. Vidya Balan (Ishqiya)- As the sexy and seductive
Krishna, Vidya Balan’s role demanded too much of audacity
from her, and Vidya Balan sinks herself in the role and does her job within the
sync of the character. The way she impressed Naseeruddin or the way she gets
seduced to Arshad its all done spectacularly.
2. Aishwarya Rai (Guzaarissh)- One hell of a spell-binding act, Aishwarya Rai’s best work till date. The scene where she argues against Shernaz Patel is easily one the best scenes that year. In the film she enacts her sorrow, her careful attitude, her depression all with aplomb. She displays sheer confidence and also looks gorgeous in each frame.
1. Deepika Padukone (Lafangey Parindey)- Not with quite much distance, Deepika places herself on top spot. Genuinely superb, her role was so smartly played by deepika that one needs to pat on her back. You feel her pan, her aggression, her happiness! She maintains her spirit throughout the film and it wont be wrong in saying she easily ruled the whole film.